Sunday, October 28, 2012

Biddy Mason

With Open Hands by Jeri Chase Ferris.


Summary:
Last week I continued reading With Open Hands. In the second part of the book, Biddy and Mr. Smith still continuant their trip from Utah to Los Anglos. The reason for this trip is that Mr. Smith changed their religious. He became Norman. This religious prefer people don’t have slaves. Therefore, Biddy got her freedom. After that, she worked very hard in Los Anglos to help herself and her community. In fact, she helped everyone needed help. She didn’t matter If the person black or white. There for she became the richest women in los Anglos.

 Referent:
This book is the best book that I have read .It has a lot of advices. For example, Biddy said for her daughter “a person must give with open hands and open heart”. Also, she said “what matter that the church needed help”    
        

1 comment:

  1. It seemed to be an intersting book. Actually, I enjoyed reading your summary so that I felt that I caould see the events of this story in front of my eyes. I mean I imagined my self with Biddy's trip for freedem. In my opinion, she was a kind and patient girl, so she deserve to be free. However, you said that she became rich. How did she become rich? And what did she do for helping needed people?

    ReplyDelete